- System Unit>acts like the center or core, processing the data and information it recieves from input devices.
- Input Devices>the one processing the data an information.
- Output Devices>these are the devices like printers. It receives the system unit's processed information.
I also learned that:
>is a plastic and metal box that houses the components such as the motherboard, disk drives, and the power supply unit. There are 2 types of system case, these are the desktop and the Tower.
Desktop case- is designed to sit horizontally on a surface, so that it is wider than it is long.
Tower case- is designed to sit vertically on a surface so that it is higher than it is wide.
The case has three(3) parts:
- The Cover- can be removed by either undoing the screws at the back or pressing together the clips that release it.
- The Front Panel- provides access to the floppy and CD, a power on/ off switch, and Light emitting dipodes or LEDS to indicate drive operations.
- The Rear Panel- has the power supply unit, motherboard I/O ports, and te Expansion card I/O ports.
>the largest board of the computer system, it conains the CPU, Bios, memory, mass storage interfaces, serial and all the controllers required to control standard pripheral devices such as the display screen, keyboard, and disk drive.
Central Processing Unit(CPU)
>a device that interprets and executes instructions. It functions as the brain of the computer.
There are 2 types of memory:
- Main Memory
- Secondary Memory